CLUBS/Event Spaces
**If I'm missing any OPEN city club leave a comment with the name**
**Updated 1/14/23** Been a min, years actually, since last updated. Struck through on all the closed clubs since the last update in 2018. Post-covid, the club scene in STL is mostly dead, people have opted for bars, bar-cades, the armory, etc. I cannot confirm the cover charges or hours as there's been so much change in the club landscape here.
Soulard
Molly's:
The most popular bar/club in Soulard so it gets very packed, be warned.
Duke's (upstairs):
I have to admit I haven't been here much post-Covid & the upstairs was closed during Covid but pre-Covid the upstairs was basically a club, had a dance floor & all. Same crowd as at Molly's, young 20-somethings. The downstairs is a bar.
Central West End/Midtown/The Loop:
Viva is a club located in the basement of Pi Pizzeria. It's a salsa dancing club & as you could imagine, a very popular place for the latino community. I have been once & thought it was a lot of fun; they also showed the Pac-Mayweather fight which I saw & was a lot of fun also. Open until 1:30am Thurs/Fri/Sat
The Armory:
Not really a club but felt this needed to be included as this is a new place that 20-somethings are flocking to instead of clubs. As of 1/2023 this place is packed, no cover but expect a line to get in & parking is shit.
I personally haven't been here but need to go. It gets packed with SLU students though & on Thursday's they have happy hr from 9p-11p w/$1 beers & 2 for 1 Long Islands. No1 does that anymore so you can't beat that. It's pretty much right next to St. Louis Community CU also. I don't know the cover but would assume to have $10 cash to be safe. Open Thurs-Sat til 3am.
The Olive Bar: 3037 Olive St, St. Louis, MO; 314-526-5463; Facebook and Instagram
The Olive Bar is a new bar/club added to the midtown area, basically across from The Loft. I have been here & the place is pretty nice. I recommend going on Thursdays (Hookah Thursdays), special events, or holidays (like Thanksgiving night was packed). Pics have it looking like a nice place & it is. I don't know the cover as I always RSVP to get in free so I'd just bring $10 cash, maybe $20 if it's after 11pm. Open until 2:30a Fri, 3a Sat, Sun 4p-9p
I have been to RG & it's pretty nice but haven't been to the new Patio's. Nice open dance floor, a balcony, etc. Supposedly they have good food but haven't tried. HG is right next to it, same owners and everything (I believe). HG is nice, they usually have a big crowd on weekends & Sunday nights are big for them also. Cover I would bring $25 cash for Patio's after 11pm, as I was charged that once when it was RG & I showed up around that time (I passed at the time). HG cover I would expect the same. I believe Luxe is just an event space. Patio's open 5p-11p Weds/Thurs, 5p to 1:30a Fri/Sat, Sun 11a-4p. HG til 1:30a-2a Fri/Sat.
Mood Dessert Bar/Lounge: 2001 Locust St, St. Louis, MO; 314-925-8329; Facebook
Really new place, I believe it's owned by the same person(s) who owns the Office on Delmar (see the North City section). I have yet to go here, but I'd bring $10 cash per person. Open Fri/Sat til 1:30am
Downtown:
A club on weekend nights and restaurant by day, I haven't ate here nor have I been here on a weekend for the club atmosphere so I ca't give 1st-hand experience. I have been here when it wasn't busy, around 8pm or so & must say the place is quite nice inside. They're open for dinner Mon-Thurs 4pm-11pm-ish. Open til 3am Thurs/Fri/Sat
Pepper Lounge: 2005 Locust St, St. Louis 63103; 314-241-2005; Website and Facebook
Been a staple for 10+ years I would say. I enjoyed it when I was here but it's been quite awhile & I recall a lot of SLU students party here. Open Fri/Sat/Sun til 3am.
Been a staple for 10+ years I would say. I enjoyed it when I was here but it's been quite awhile & I recall a lot of SLU students party here. Open Fri/Sat/Sun til 3am.
Europe: 710 N. 15th St, St. Louis, MO. 63103; 314-621-5111; Website and Facebook
A club downtown the specializes in EDM which is cool, if you're into that sorta thing. Also, they're 18+ so that's cool I suppose. I've never been so I don't have an opinion of the place. Open Fri/Sat til 3am.
360 at the Hilton: On top of the Hilton at the Ballpark; 314-241-8439; Website
A club/bar on top of the Hilton downtown @ Ballpark Village, pictures having it look real nice. Their website has drink prices (avg $5+ for a beer, $10 for a cocktail) & they are not cheap. It's cheaper to party in the CWE (usually). I can see this being a fun time in the summer though with those views they have. Open Fri/Sat til 2am, Mon-Thurs til 12am, Sun til 11pm. Opens @ 4pm every day.
Tin Roof St. Louis
Basically a dance club one 1 side & a live music venue on another. Lots of people come here after Cardinals games, mixed crowd for sure & usually included on 12 Bars of Charity around Christmas.
Wheelhouse/Midwestern
A club basically across the street from Tin Roof. Same type of crowd & similar club as Tin Roof minus the life music part.
Start Bar
Up from the Midwestern, this started as a bar-cade originally but as of 2023 has transitioned to mostly a club. Same crowd as at Tin Roof & Midwestern for the most part.
Oz:
On the East Side right across the river from downtown. This place has been around for 20+ years & is not going anywhere. It usually gets poppin at midnight or so.
Pop's
Another staple across the river, next to Oz. Open 24/7 so people usually visit after 3am bars close. Been around 30+ years I think & not going anywhere anytime soon.
Ballpark Village:
Shark Bar & PBR are your 2 "clubs" of choice here. Shark Bar def has a dance floor, I was there in DEc 2022 & the beers are $8+. Typical BPV crowd in here.
A newer club downtown, they have flashback Fridays which have 80s/90s music which is cool. I've never been but I'd expect a $10+ entrance fee. I can't find a website/FB page for more info but judging by their hours i'm guessing it's not just a club, they prob have food too, Open Tues-Sun 12p-2a
The Grove:
Rehab: 4054 Chouteau Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110; 314-652-3700; Facebook and Website
Across the street from Attitude's (on the same side of the street) is this bar/club. I've never really been here but once so I can't really form an opinion of it. I never paid a cover so I don't know if they charge one or not. Open til 1am Mon-Sun (I believe, can't find the hrs/days on their site)
Shisha: 4229 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110; 314-802-8550; Yelp!
I haven't been since the name changed to ShiSha. A club/lounge (and restaurant) in the Grove worth checking out that focuses on hip-hop & R&B. It has an upscale vibe & has a nice patio. I've only been here 1 time and liked it but I can't give a real good review. I don't know if there's a cover or not but just to be safe I'd have $5-$10 on-hand. Open til 1am Fri/Sat.
Just John: 4112 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110; 314-371-1333; Website
A gay/lesbian club that's been around awhile. I've never been so I can't really give an opinion on the place. I do know it's popular though & 1 of the top gay bars/clubs around. You can checkout their drink specials on their site though. I'm unsure if there is a cover so just have $10 cash on-hand on Fri/Sat. Open Mon-Sat til 3am, Sun til 1am.
The Handlebar: 4127 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110; 314-652-2212; Facebook and website
A bar/club that's highly-rated in the area. I have yet to go, but it's one of the places I intend to visit soon. They have trivia on Thurs nights, Geeks Who Drink. I'm unsure if there is a cover or not, so just have $10 cash on Fri/Sat. Open Tues-Sun til 3am.
Rehab: 4054 Chouteau Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110; 314-652-3700; Facebook and Website
Across the street from Attitude's (on the same side of the street) is this bar/club. I've never really been here but once so I can't really form an opinion of it. I never paid a cover so I don't know if they charge one or not. Open til 1am Mon-Sun (I believe, can't find the hrs/days on their site)
Shisha: 4229 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110; 314-802-8550; Yelp!
I haven't been since the name changed to ShiSha. A club/lounge (and restaurant) in the Grove worth checking out that focuses on hip-hop & R&B. It has an upscale vibe & has a nice patio. I've only been here 1 time and liked it but I can't give a real good review. I don't know if there's a cover or not but just to be safe I'd have $5-$10 on-hand. Open til 1am Fri/Sat.
Just John: 4112 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110; 314-371-1333; Website
A gay/lesbian club that's been around awhile. I've never been so I can't really give an opinion on the place. I do know it's popular though & 1 of the top gay bars/clubs around. You can checkout their drink specials on their site though. I'm unsure if there is a cover so just have $10 cash on-hand on Fri/Sat. Open Mon-Sat til 3am, Sun til 1am.
The Handlebar: 4127 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110; 314-652-2212; Facebook and website
A bar/club that's highly-rated in the area. I have yet to go, but it's one of the places I intend to visit soon. They have trivia on Thurs nights, Geeks Who Drink. I'm unsure if there is a cover or not, so just have $10 cash on Fri/Sat. Open Tues-Sun til 3am.
Formerly known as Novaks (which was a gay/lesbian club) this is now known as SIAM. I haven't been since the name change/upgrade but I heard it's pretty fun. Thurs they have an 18+ night w/$3 you-call-its! They also have pan-Asian food (reviews are 'eh' on it but it you're drinking does it matter?) also so, that's a + in my book. Supposedly they'll have a Sunday brunch, cool. Open til 3am Weds-Sun.
A gay/lesbian/LGBTQ club in the Grove (along with Rehab & SIAM) this place outdoes the other clubs in the Grove by far due to their Thursday night hip-hop thing. It starts after the drag show & goes til roughly 3am. It's fun, $5 cover I believe & starts getting busy around 11ish. Drinks aren't too pricey & there are a lot of straight people in there such as myself, not only gays/lesbians. Go Thurs nights, trust me. Open til 3am Thurs/Fri/Sat (1:30am on Weds).
North City:
Blue Ultra Lounge: 5917 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, MO.; 314-685-6796; Facebook
A club/lounge that specializes in hip-hop/r&b. Cover charge for guys is around $20.
Open Fri/Sat til 1:30pm (Weds/Thurs til 9pm)
Pretty new place, I don't have any real info yet. I would say have a minimum of $10 cash for the cover though. Open (probably) Fri/Sat til 1:30am
IP54 Bar & Grill: 2543 N. Grand, St. Louis, MO, 63106; 314-535-444; Facebook, Website
Unsure how new this is but I just found out about it. I've never been here & it's not in the best of areas but they have a $2 Tuesday thing & based on the pics I've seen, it looks like it goes up...on a Tuesday! IDK about the other days though & as for a cover, I suggest $10 cash each to be safe. I mean, they're hip enough to have their own actual website, so that's cool, I assume they have been or plan to be around for a long while. They also have concerts too & comedy shows. A lot of weekly specials also, so I assume if this place isn't poppin yet it sure will be soon & become quite popular. Open Mon-Sat (assumption, no days posted) 5pm-1:30a (again, assumption, no hrs of operation posted)
Never been here myself but it looks nice. I don't have any info on this, please refer to their FB page for info. Cover I would suggest bringing $10. Open until ???
I have never been here so I cannot offer any advice on this place. I will say driving by at night it is PACKED on weekends. Cover is $3-$5, I suggest bringing $10 to be safe. Open Thurs-Sun til 3am.
South City:
The Upstairs Lounge 3131 S Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63118; 314-358-2004; Facebook
Closed for years but re-opening again as it was just purchased
Gawdy as hell inside but fun. Cheap drinks, open til 3am, & very popular in the south city area after the 1:30 bars close. It's not uncommon to see a line outside the door on Fri/Sat. Also, the VIP card no longer works, I tried. Get here around 1am for the fun to start. I don't know all the days they are open but the weekend. Cover is $5. Open til 3am Fri/Sat.
Opens 9/2, no idea what it's going to be like. They're looking for exotic dancers so it could be a strip club/dance club combo. Check their FB/iG for more info, I don't have any additional info on this. Ladies free on Fridays til 11pm. This is very likely closed now.
No comments:
Post a Comment